Car insurance comes in two basic types. The biggest difference between the two is that one protects you and your car in an accident, the other doesn't. But it's not quite that simple, so here's a quick overview of what's covered.
Comprehensive car insurance includes:
- Repair or replacement of your car if it is damaged or stolen
- Protection against injury to you or other people
- Protection against damage to other peoples' cars and property
- Windscreen repair or replacement
- Cover if your car stereo is damaged or stolen
Third party fire and theft car insurance includes:
- Protection against damage to other peoples' cars and property - but not your own
- Protection against injury to other people
- Repair or replacement of your car if it is stolen or damaged by fire
When choosing insurance with Swiftcover, you start with one of these two cover levels and can tailor your insurance to suit you. So you can have the cover you need at a price that's right.